September 4, 2013
- September is College Savings Month
- Ms Patti’s Little Princess Tea Parties
- Pirates Pack the Park - September 21
- 31st Annual Hampton Bay Days
- National Costume Swap Day
- Partnership for People with Disabilities
- Passport to Water Safety
- Doc McStuffins Returns to Disney Jr. for Season 2
- The Klumsy Moose Kid's Spa & Party Boutique
- Kids Exchange Virginia Beach Event
- Whole Foods Salad Bar Donation Day
- Back to School Vendor Show
- The Little Gym
- Sunshine Smiles - A Kids Spa
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Plan Ahead
The Mariners' Museum - Newport News
Help us break a record for "Largest Gathering of Pirates"
Join us as we attempt to break the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS® record for "Largest Gathering of Pirates!" This record is currently held by Hastings, England with a gathering of 14,231 pirates. The Mariners’ Museum will attempt to break that mark on September 21, 2013 during its first ever Pirate Festival, which will take place in The Mariners’ Museum Park.
The Festival is in celebration with International Talk Like a Pirate Day and will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., with the official pirate count taking place at 2 p.m.
The Pirate Festival will include:
- Pirate Pants or Wench skirt
- White or Striped Shirt
- Pirate Hat or Bandana
- Accessory Item such as an eye patch, gold jewelry, compass, telescope, Jolly Roger flag, toy sword, parrot, etc. (Real weapons will not be permitted through the festival gates.
- Entrance to the Festival is FREE!
- Museum admission for the day will only be $5 (children 5 and under are free).
- Some activities in the Children’s Area of the Festival will have a small cost.
- Vendors (food, drink & merchandise) will be on site.
Pirate Gala: $75 per person, $125 per couple, $2000 per table
Come be a vendor to the thousands of people who will be attending this festival! We will be accepting craft and period vendors for this event. Please find the appropriate application below.
The deadline for vender applications is August 16:
- Period Vendor Application
- Arts & Crafts Vendor Application
- Merchandise Vendor Application
- Food Vendor Application
- Education-Informational Vendor Application
If you have any questions please contact Fagel at [email protected] or by phone at 757.591.7715
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC